Monday, November 18, 2013

DQ Country

Today is my twenty-first day on "My Fit Foods", and while I haven't lost as much weight as I expected/hoped to (I've lost about five pounds as of today) I do feel better about myself, and I am proud that I've gone this long without caffeine, alcohol, and processed food.  My skin looks better than ever, and a couple people have noticed some weight loss in my face (which, when it comes right down to it is what I care the most about, as in my opinion, a cute face can make up for a roll or two here and there).  On Thursday, I will have gone the full twenty-one days with supplements and the cranberry flush, and then I'm going to have to look at my future plans. 

I do not feel "finished" yet, as I haven't reached my goal weight of 190, but I don't want to continue with this regimented plan either, largely because even though the food is pretty tasty, I am bored to death of it.  Enough with the celery and almond butter, for fuck's sake!  Maybe I'll transition to Weight Watchers.  It's certainly cheaper, and less restrictive, so perhaps that will be my plan for the following weeks.  We will see.  I will say, as I get closer and closer to the final day, I'm more and more tempted to drop a pat of butter on my cauliflower mash, or to add some sour cream to the chili I have at dinner time.  And today while driving in North Austin I nearly pulled into Dairy Queen and had a pumpkin pie blizzard.  But I did not.  Strength prevails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cursive

  Last week I returned to doing my  morning pages , a practice I was committed to for years, and then abandoned, at least partially in the d...