Saturday, December 19, 2015

New York At Christmas Time

It's true what they say about New York at the holiday season.  It really is a joyous time and place to be.  Especially if you are in the heart of the city and wandering through Rockefeller Center, or eyeing the famous holiday window displays.

A great new friend of mine from the Transit Museum suggested we go do this very New York activity and I'm so glad we followed through on our plans.  I couldn't have asked for a better traveling companion.



The Peninsula
The historic French Building

The theme at Saks 5th Avenue was "A Winter Palace"






This was by far my favorite window, from Bergdorf's



As we wandered about, taking in the sights, I couldn't help but think how much my mom would love this, and how great it would be to be able to show the windows to her next year.

In between shops, Polly and I stepped into St Patrick's Cathedral and lit a candle. It was awe inspiring, the grandeur and sheer size of it. It's impossible to convey it through photos.






Rockefeller Center was a fitting final stop.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Cursive

  Last week I returned to doing my  morning pages , a practice I was committed to for years, and then abandoned, at least partially in the d...