Friday, June 7, 2013

Judy and Avedon

I'll admit it.  I am completely obsessed.  And as the days get closer to what would have been Judy's 91st birthday (June 10th), I've been inspired to drag my sorry butt back to the blog and share the obsession.

Today I want to focus on the Richard Avedon portraits.  Avedon was a high fashion photographer for Vogue, and is one of the best portrait photographer out there.  His series "In the American West" is brilliant, and his celebrity photos are so intimate and truthful.  He took many photos of Judy throughout the fifties and sixties.  Below is just a sample: 
(Judy and Richard, 1956)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Cursive

  Last week I returned to doing my  morning pages , a practice I was committed to for years, and then abandoned, at least partially in the d...