Friday, April 12, 2013

Sir Ian McKellan Spreads the Word

 


At the opening night of the new "Breakfast At Tiffany's", Sir Ian McKellan dropped a juicy tidbit to Michael Musto.  Naturally, while discussing the show (which McKellan isn't in, but was attending) McKellan mentioned that he hadn't seen the film, but had auditioned for its director, Blake Edwards a while back and spoke to someone, asking... 

"Do you think they'd ever employ me if they knew I was gay?  I was told 'What is the problem?  He's gay - and so is his wife'.  That's Hollywood."

Tell it like it T-I- Is, Sir Ian!

Of course, I don't know the specifics of the situation, but this rumor has been making the rounds for years so it's not exactly breaking news, and I'm not sure if I believe it (and if do, it naturally doesn't change my love for either of them).  Still, it's interesting to hear it from such a notable third hand source.

In related news...

Love in Bloom?

Julie Andrews' television special from the seventies, "Step Into Spring", will be available on DVD for the first time beginning April 23rd.  It features performances by Leslie Uggams, Leo Sayer, and...the Muppets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cursive

  Last week I returned to doing my  morning pages , a practice I was committed to for years, and then abandoned, at least partially in the d...