Sunday, August 29, 2010

Don't Fight Life

Don't fight life.  Easy to say, difficult to do.  I mean when you're riding high, money in the bank, you've just had lunch with a dear friend, window shopped on South Congress, worked out, basked in the sun, the words "Don't fight life" trip off the tongue easily and the belief that you can do this is full in your heart.  But when you've spent your last dime on something ridiculous and now don't have any cash until Tuesday and the only thing you want to do is get out of the house and toss away a buck or seventy, when you feel like you lost out on the possibility of a good friend that you have a lot in common with because you did something  like tell him you've developed feelings for him and things have seemed a little awkward ever since, when you don't feel inspired by your work nor do you feel motivated by the rehearsal process of the play you are currently working on, it's difficult.  Don't fight life.  I mean, I know I've got it good.  Relative to a lot of folks my life is amazing.  It's important to remind myself of that.

It's also important to remind myself that all this is temporary.  As in everyone's life, everything in my life is temporary, especially my feelings.  Ask me how I feel about the play tomorrow and you'll probably get a completely different response, because overall I am really enjoying it: Enjoying the challenge, enjoying the people, enjoying the script.  Same with work.  Same with money.  As far as the friend, all it would take is one good connection or two and my opinions on that would change, too. 

I know what I need to do to get out of this slump.  I've done it before and it works wonders.  Make a list.  Schedule my day into increments.  Do those things, make tiny changes in my life to prepare for tomorrow and make the best out of today.  So...that's enough rumination for now.  On to doing something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cursive

  Last week I returned to doing my  morning pages , a practice I was committed to for years, and then abandoned, at least partially in the d...